Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One of the great reliefs of travelling in a non-southern part of India is that when you give your name, they spell it correctly, i.e. without the extra "h". That's such a relief and saves so many mental winces i end up giving myself, when somebody spells my name in hyderabad. As a result, my phone bill, paper bill, electricity bill, hell even my voter id card has an extra "h" after the "t" in my name.
Was trying to find online why this happens in the south - apparently something to do with the sanskrit-ized spelling of the name. whatever be the cause it's mighty irritating trying to always  tell your name -" it's navneet with no h in the end!"

1 comment:

Ritesh said...

Ha! I hear your pain. I say "Without an H after T and With an H After S".

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog